June 6th Primary Election
- Voting Machines will be available on June 6th for voting in-person at your regular polling locations from 6am-8pm. There are five voting districts in Wharton that vote at three different locations. Districts 1 and 3 vote at the American Legion. District 2 votes at Town Hall, Districts 4 and 5 vote at the Fire Department. Where you vote is based on your home address. Your voting district will be listed on your Voter Registration Card and the sample ballot that you will receive from the County before each election. If you are unsure of your polling place please check your calendar or call the Borough Clerk’s Office.
- Morris County has new voting machines- View a video of what voting will look like with the new machines
- Early in-person voting will be available throughout Morris County. Find out more about Early Voting.
- Mail-In Ballots can be requested from the Morris County Clerk's Office as an alternative to voting on the voting machines.
- Notice to Unaffiliated Voters Regarding Mail-In Ballots for the Primary Election.
- Mail-In Ballots can be returned via the USPS or deposited in one of the 30 secure Mail-In Ballot drop boxes located in Morris County.
- If you no longer wish to receive a Mail-In Ballot, submit this form to opt-out. Please contact the Morris County Clerk for more information.
- Primary Election Registration Deadline - May 16, 2023
- Early Voting Period - June 2, 2023-June 4, 2023
- Election Day - Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- Mail-In Ballots must be postmarked on or before 8pm on Election Day, Tuesday, June 6th, and received no later than June 12th
How do I Register to Vote?
First, check the State of New Jersey’s Elections “Am I registered?” page to see if you’re already registered.
If you are not registered you can either:
Register to vote online (a driver’s license/non-driver ID card OR a Social Security number is required)
Or, complete a registration application form at the Morris County Board of Elections’ office or by mail:
Solicitud de Inscripcion de Votantes
Forms are also available at Town Hall
You can also register to vote at your local Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office while applying for/renewing a driver’s license or non-driver ID card.
When is the voter registration deadline?
For the June 6th Primary Election the deadline is May 16th.
For more information on elections click here.