Yard Waste Pick Up
Yard Waste pick up begins on Monday, April 4th and runs every Monday, except holidays, until December 5th. Check your calendar for exact dates.
Free yard waste bags for Wharton Residents are available at the Recycling Center during their regular hours.
- Leaves and grass clippings must be put into paper yard waste bags or a refuse can. No plastic bags are able to be picked up.
- A refuse can may be used only for leaves, grass clippings or small twigs and sticks.
- Leaves and grass are the only acceptable items to be put in paper yard waste bags.
- All brush (branches, bushes and sticks) must be no longer than six feet and tied in bundles that weigh less than fifty pounds.
- No branches or limbs greater than four inches in diameter will be picked up.
- No tree or shrub stumps will be taken.
If you have questions about yard waste pick up please call the DPW at 973-361-8444 x2758.