NOTICE TO HISTORIC RESTORATION
The Borough of Wharton seeks experienced Historic Restoration General Contractors who specialize in or have subcontractors who specialize in masonry restoration, structural repairs to heavy-timber framing, exterior and interior finish carpentry restoration, window restoration, door restoration, exterior stucco restoration, iron restoration, exterior and interior painting, restoration of interior finishes, and installation of new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems within a historic building.
RESTORATION & REHABILITATION OF THE LOCK AND LOCK TENDER’S HOUSE
At LOCK 2 EAST of the MORRIS CANAL
Hugh Force Park
West Central Avenue
Wharton, New Jersey 07885
The project generally consists of the following:
- Selective demolition, excavation and backfilling;
- Restoration and rebuilding of rubble stone walls;
- Heavy-timber framing;
- Wood shingle roofing;
- Lead-coated copper flashings and roof drainage;
- Restoration of wood windows, doors, and exterior and interior finish carpentry;
- Plaster restoration;
- Exterior stucco restoration;
- Exterior and Interior painting and application of limewash;
- Restoration and rebuilding of lock gates;
- Restoration of lock walls and floor; and
- Sensitive installation of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems within a historic resource.
Qualification Statements must be submitted in duplicate in a sealed envelope properly marked with the contractor’s name and address
To: Borough of Wharton
10 Robert Street
Wharton NJ 07885
ATTN: Jon Rheinhardt, Business Administrator
Marked: RESTORATION & REHABILITATION OF THE LOCK AND LOCK TENDER’S HOUSE
AT LOCK 2 EAST OF THE MORRIS CANAL
On: Thursday, August 16, 2018
No later than 4:00 P.M.
All respondents will be notified in writing of the decision as to qualifications. Only those determined to be pre-qualified Historic Restoration General Contractors for this project will be invited to submit bids for the work.
This property is listed on the
To request a pre-qualification package, contact the Borough of Wharton, Jon Rheinhardt at (973) 361-8444.
Any questions regarding the prequalification process should be directed to Margaret Hickey of Connolly & Hickey Historical Architects at 973-746-4911, extension 109.
Bidders are required to comply with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et seq. and N.J.A.C. 17:27.